Monday, February 8, 2010

Day 39 - Called to Serve

Just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.  Matthew 20:28

If there's anyone on the face of the planet at any point in history who had the right and the position and the authority to claim themself to be GREAT and MIGHTY - it was Jesus!

But He didnt!

He didn't come to be served, He came to serve.  He came to set the example for His disciples and the people of God (us) to be servants.  He led by example.  He didn't flaunt His rightful place and position, He flaunted His love and humility - through acts of service. 

Serving others is not always an easy task.  It's easy to serve people you like and love.  It's easy to serve nice people who are nice to you.  But it's not always easy to serve the unlovely or those who are mean or cruel towards you.  Yet, Jesus served Judas, the one who would betray Him.  He washed His feet, even though He would deliver Him to His death. 

We are to be shining examples of be a servant.  We should be as Jesus, donning the towel and bowing before the feet of others.  We should do so - lovingly - with the love of Christ.  He showed His love by serving others.  He showed His love by ultimately giving His life on the cross, hanging shamelessly before all the world.  He did so, to serve mankind.

May I be an example of Christ's love in my SERVE.  May I learn to love and serve others with the same grace and humility that Jesus showed.  May I serve those who are lovely and may I serve those who are not.  May there not be anyone that I wouldn't be willing to serve!

Father - Help me to improve my serve for you.  Help me to humble myself, take up the towel and gently and lovingly wash the feet of those whom you've given me to serve!  In Jesus Name - Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment